- Shots Fired on Amsterdam-to-Paris Train, Three Injured (Video)Posted 2 weeks ago
- Hundreds US Rabbis urge Congress to Support the Nuclear Iran Deal (Video)Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jewish Neighborhood in San Antonio Hit With Anti-Semitic GraffitiPosted 3 weeks ago
- Donald Trump confounds critics to retain Republican lead – new pollPosted 3 weeks ago
- SHOCKING: Palace ‘Disappointed’ at Shock Footage of Queen Elizabeth Giving Nazi Salute as a Child (Video)Posted 2 months ago
- Grave Vandalism: Rivlin Highlights Contradiction of Israel’s Silence when Fighting Anti-SemitismPosted 2 months ago
- Egyptian ISIS Branch Poses Growing Threat To IsraelPosted 2 months ago
- Military Policewoman Stabbed by Female Terrorist in JerusalemPosted 2 months ago
- EU Delegation Makes Environmental Pilgrimage to Israeli Parliament, the ‘Greenest in the World’Posted 3 months ago
- U.S. Top Court Backs Obama, Invalidates Jerusalem Passport LawPosted 3 months ago
Abbas Calls For Terrorists’ Release Before Peace Talks
As a requirement for resuming peace talks, Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas has demanded Israel’s release of another 120 Palestinian prisoners.
The list of prisoners that Abbas requested to be released includes terrorists and murderers who have slain Israeli citizens, including children.
Officials of governments in America and the European Union are reportedly pressuring Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to comply with Abbas’s request for the sake of restarting peace talks.
However, Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon is resisting the Palestinian demand. Most Israelis either believe that the peace talks will lead nowhere or that the freed Palestinians will only return to violence.
Many of the terrorists on Abbas’s list were directly involved in the murders of Israelis. One such terrorist, Sata Aba, stabbed two Israeli Jews to death in Ramle while they were sleeping. Another was one of the terrorists behind the 1991 bomb in the Mahane Yehuda market in Jerusalem that killed eight people.
Abbas is sees great opportunity in using the precondition of releasing terrorists as leverage for just beginning peace talks. Other preconditions he has set include a settlement freeze, a return to the 1967 borders, and the handing over of parts of Area C in the West Bank.