- ISIS Selling Body of Beheaded U.S. Hostage For $1MPosted 1 week ago
- WATCH: Man Screaming ‘I Want to Kill the Jews!’, Attacked Jewish Student, Shot Dead in Brooklyn SynagoguePosted 2 weeks ago
- Israeli Government Dissolved, Elections In MarchPosted 3 weeks ago
- Paris Jewish Community in Shock Over Rape by Muslim Group, Saying ‘Because You Are Jews’Posted 3 weeks ago
- Four Rabbis Murdered in Jerusalem in a Brutal Palestinian Terror AttackPosted 1 month ago
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: IDF Soldier Stabbed in Tel Aviv in a Terrorist AttackPosted 1 month ago
- Watch: IDF Resuscitate Electrocuted Palestinian Boy In HebronPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking News: Gunman Shoots Activist Rabbi Yehuda Glick, in JerusalemPosted 2 months ago
- When Powerful Cars Race Through Jerusalem; Jerusalem Hosts Second Formula 1 Peace Road ShowPosted 2 months ago
- Two IDF Soldiers Wounded from an Explosion Near the Lebanon BorderPosted 2 months ago
Abbas Calls For Terrorists’ Release Before Peace Talks
As a requirement for resuming peace talks, Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas has demanded Israel’s release of another 120 Palestinian prisoners.
The list of prisoners that Abbas requested to be released includes terrorists and murderers who have slain Israeli citizens, including children.
Officials of governments in America and the European Union are reportedly pressuring Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to comply with Abbas’s request for the sake of restarting peace talks.
However, Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon is resisting the Palestinian demand. Most Israelis either believe that the peace talks will lead nowhere or that the freed Palestinians will only return to violence.
Many of the terrorists on Abbas’s list were directly involved in the murders of Israelis. One such terrorist, Sata Aba, stabbed two Israeli Jews to death in Ramle while they were sleeping. Another was one of the terrorists behind the 1991 bomb in the Mahane Yehuda market in Jerusalem that killed eight people.
Abbas is sees great opportunity in using the precondition of releasing terrorists as leverage for just beginning peace talks. Other preconditions he has set include a settlement freeze, a return to the 1967 borders, and the handing over of parts of Area C in the West Bank.