- (Watch) Two Hostages Killed In U.S. Counterterror Operation. President Obama: I TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITYPosted 2 weeks ago
- MUST WATCH: Scud Missile Base Explodes in Yemen, 30 killed, Hundreds WoundedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Thousands Attend Funeral of Israeli Killed on Holocaust Remembrance DayPosted 3 weeks ago
- Hillary Clinton Ready to Announce Candidacy for President, say ReportsPosted 3 weeks ago
- New and Old Faces in Israel’s 20th Knesset Are Officially Sworn InPosted 1 month ago
- ISIS: US Air Force Vet Caught Trying to Enter Syria to Join ISIS Terrorists (Video)Posted 2 months ago
- Israelis Win ‘Best App’ Award at Prestigious Competition in SpainPosted 2 months ago
- Terrorist Injured 5 people in Jerusalem, CNN Calls it “Israel Car Incident” (Video)Posted 2 months ago
- WATCH: Benjamin Netanyahu Speech to Congress 2015 (Full Speech)Posted 2 months ago
- WATCH: Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu Speaks at AIPAC (Full Speech)Posted 2 months ago
Abbas Calls For Terrorists’ Release Before Peace Talks
As a requirement for resuming peace talks, Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas has demanded Israel’s release of another 120 Palestinian prisoners.
The list of prisoners that Abbas requested to be released includes terrorists and murderers who have slain Israeli citizens, including children.
Officials of governments in America and the European Union are reportedly pressuring Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to comply with Abbas’s request for the sake of restarting peace talks.
However, Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon is resisting the Palestinian demand. Most Israelis either believe that the peace talks will lead nowhere or that the freed Palestinians will only return to violence.
Many of the terrorists on Abbas’s list were directly involved in the murders of Israelis. One such terrorist, Sata Aba, stabbed two Israeli Jews to death in Ramle while they were sleeping. Another was one of the terrorists behind the 1991 bomb in the Mahane Yehuda market in Jerusalem that killed eight people.
Abbas is sees great opportunity in using the precondition of releasing terrorists as leverage for just beginning peace talks. Other preconditions he has set include a settlement freeze, a return to the 1967 borders, and the handing over of parts of Area C in the West Bank.