- Israeli Company ‘Neuronix’ Offers Hope For Alzheimer’s Disease With Unique TreatmentPosted 12 months ago
- Israelis Bring ART Joy & Love To Ethiopian HIV OrphansPosted 12 months ago
- BREAKING: Osama Bin Laden’s Son Calls Muslims to Liberate Jerusalem, Attack the USPosted 12 months ago
- WATCH: Donald Trump Speak at AIPAC Policy Conference 2016Posted 1 year ago
- MUST WATCH: Muslim Migrants Brutally Attack Australian News Crew In SwedenPosted 1 year ago
- HORRIFYING: 17-Year-Old Finnish Girl Raped, Burned Alive By Illegal Migrant From AfghanistanPosted 1 year ago
- MUST WATCH: Muslim Migrants Rob and Brutal Attack a Swedish Older LadyPosted 1 year ago
- Israeli Female Fighters on the Frontline with ISIS in SinaiPosted 1 year ago
- BREAKING: Multiple Terror Attacks in Jerusalem, 2 Dead, 18 woundedPosted 2 years ago
- Watch: 15 yo Jerusalem Terrorist Caught by Israeli Special Forces, Smiles to CameraPosted 2 years ago
IDF Forces Discover Firearm Hidden inside of Child’s Backpack
Last week, IDF forces found an improvised firearm during a search in the Jordan Valley. The Palestinian suspect had concealed the weapon in a child’s bookbag, which the forces discovered inside of his vehicle.
Last Tuesday evening, a battalion from the IDF’s Kfir Brigade discovered an improvised firearm and ammunition inside of a Palestinian vehicle during a routine inspection in the Jordan Valley.
The weapon was found inside of a child’s bookbag at a checkpoint not far from the driver’s home. “The driver aroused suspicion after a preliminary search,” said Captain Sefi Mor, an IDF company commander involved in the inspection. “He seemed anxious, so we decided to perform a comprehensive search of the vehicle.”
Each day, thousands of people pass through the checkpoint, which is located on a major traffic artery in the Jordan Valley. Because of the high potential for terrorism and weapons smuggling, IDF forces stationed at the checkpoint are constantly on alert for threats. Last night, the same battalion detained another suspect who attempted to pass through the checkpoint.
About a month and a half ago, forces at the checkpoint discovered an explosive device in another Palestinian vehicle. “A large number of people pass through the checkpoint to get to work in the Jordan Valley, and we check anyone who seems suspicious,” Cpt. Mor said.
During the past several months, the Kfir battalion has been stationed in the Jordan Valley. In addition to their work at the checkpoint, the soldiers have carried out several arrests and weapons searches in the area. “It’s clear to the battalion’s fighters that their mission is to defend civilians and allow them to sleep safely at night,” Cpt. Mor added.
Terrorism throughout Judea and Samaria
Since the beginning of this week, IDF forces in the Judea and Samaria region have detained about twenty-five terror suspects. Early Wednesday morning, hours after the battalion’s inspection, combined Israeli forces, including Kfir soldiers, found a large cache of weapons during a search in Hebron. The weapons, photographed below, included an M-16 firearm, several weapons parts and about 8,000 bullets. The forces arrested two Palestinian suspects and detained them for questioning nearby.
On Tuesday morning, Israeli forces discovered a military-grade explosive device, an Uzi firearm and ammunition during a routine search near Jenin. “We found the weapons in different hiding places, behind wardrobes and under drawers,” said Lt. Col. Roi Nahari, a battalion commander involved in the search operation. “We also discovered hiding places inside the walls of houses.”
“We use proven methods, including tactical methods and special devices, to reach concealed weapons,” Lt. Col. Nahari continued. “Palestinians hide weapons in homes using sophisticated methods, but with the help of intelligence and the good work of IDF forces, we succeed in seizing the weapons.”
Via the Idfblog