- WATCH: Donald Trump Speak at AIPAC Policy Conference 2016Posted 1 month ago
- MUST WATCH: Muslim Migrants Brutally Attack Australian News Crew In SwedenPosted 1 month ago
- HORRIFYING: 17-Year-Old Finnish Girl Raped, Burned Alive By Illegal Migrant From AfghanistanPosted 2 months ago
- MUST WATCH: Muslim Migrants Rob and Brutal Attack a Swedish Older LadyPosted 3 months ago
- Israeli Female Fighters on the Frontline with ISIS in SinaiPosted 5 months ago
- BREAKING: Multiple Terror Attacks in Jerusalem, 2 Dead, 18 woundedPosted 7 months ago
- Watch: 15 yo Jerusalem Terrorist Caught by Israeli Special Forces, Smiles to CameraPosted 7 months ago
- BREAKING: Parents Killed, 4 children Injured in Terror Attack in IsraelPosted 7 months ago
- #bdsfail: Find Out Which Hollywood Celebs Are Betting Their Money On Israeli StartupsPosted 7 months ago
- Local Schoolchildren Helped Uncover Rare Church Mosaic in Kiryat GatPosted 7 months ago
IDF: We Will Take Action Against Syrian Tanks
The IDF and Syrian army are close to a direct clash as a result of the battles waging in the Quenitra region between Syria and rebels trying to overthrow President Bashar Assad.
According to a report submitted to the Security Council by Herve Ladsous, UN Under Secretary General for Peacekeeping Operations, the IDF told the UN commander that it would “take action” if Syrian army tanks continue to move towards the buffer zone in the Golan Heights as a result of the battle.
The report, entitled “Note on developments in UNDOF,” said that the Syrian army put five tanks and five armored personnel carriers in the demilitarized buffer zone in the Golan after the rebels capture of Quenitra. It stated, “The Israel Defense Forces informed the UNDOF (United Nations Disengagement Observer Force) Commander that should the movement of SAAF tanks continue, the IDF would take action.”
The report went on to say that the Senior Syrian Arab Delegate informed the UNDOF that the tanks were solely to fight the opposition and asked the IDF not to take action.
Israel complained to the UN about the presence of tanks in the buffer zone. Should this escalate, it would be the first clash between Israel and Syria in nearly 40 years.