- Israeli Company ‘Neuronix’ Offers Hope For Alzheimer’s Disease With Unique Treatment
- Israelis Bring ART Joy & Love To Ethiopian HIV Orphans
- BREAKING: Osama Bin Laden’s Son Calls Muslims to Liberate Jerusalem, Attack the US
- WATCH: Donald Trump Speak at AIPAC Policy Conference 2016
- MUST WATCH: Muslim Migrants Brutally Attack Australian News Crew In Sweden
- HORRIFYING: 17-Year-Old Finnish Girl Raped, Burned Alive By Illegal Migrant From Afghanistan
- MUST WATCH: Muslim Migrants Rob and Brutal Attack a Swedish Older Lady
- Israeli Female Fighters on the Frontline with ISIS in Sinai
- BREAKING: Multiple Terror Attacks in Jerusalem, 2 Dead, 18 wounded
- Watch: 15 yo Jerusalem Terrorist Caught by Israeli Special Forces, Smiles to Camera
Iron Dome Intercepts Rocket Over Eilat For First Time
During the night, soldiers of the Iron Dome missile defense battery intercepted a rocket fired towards the southern Israeli city of Eilat.
The system was deployed in the city only a few weeks ago, following an increased threat of rocket fire in the region. No casualties or damage were caused.
The IDF’s Iron Dome missile defense system intercepted a rocket shot at the southern Israeli city of Eilat during the night. The advanced system was deployed to the Eilat region last month as part of a broader range of preparations for the threat of rocket fire directed at the city. The rocket fired towards Eilat was identified in time and a siren sounded in the area. Following the rocket fire, security forces conducted searches in the area. No damage or casualties were reported.
Archive photo: Iron Dome Battery intercepts rocket
This is the first incident in which air-defense soldiers have been tested in the southern city: theEilat region was added to the Air Defense Command’s list of operational sites last year, in the framework of mobilization and preparation drills for air defense batteries throughout Israel.
The routine work for the Iron Dome soldiers consists of round-the-clock shifts at launch sites and in the interception system control centers. This routine ensures that all the system’s stations are manned at all hours of the day, and are ready to perform their mission whenever required.
The IDF Home Front Command clarified that citizens and tourists can continue to visit the city of Eilat.