- ISIS Selling Body of Beheaded U.S. Hostage For $1MPosted 1 week ago
- WATCH: Man Screaming ‘I Want to Kill the Jews!’, Attacked Jewish Student, Shot Dead in Brooklyn SynagoguePosted 2 weeks ago
- Israeli Government Dissolved, Elections In MarchPosted 3 weeks ago
- Paris Jewish Community in Shock Over Rape by Muslim Group, Saying ‘Because You Are Jews’Posted 3 weeks ago
- Four Rabbis Murdered in Jerusalem in a Brutal Palestinian Terror AttackPosted 1 month ago
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: IDF Soldier Stabbed in Tel Aviv in a Terrorist AttackPosted 1 month ago
- Watch: IDF Resuscitate Electrocuted Palestinian Boy In HebronPosted 1 month ago
- Breaking News: Gunman Shoots Activist Rabbi Yehuda Glick, in JerusalemPosted 2 months ago
- When Powerful Cars Race Through Jerusalem; Jerusalem Hosts Second Formula 1 Peace Road ShowPosted 2 months ago
- Two IDF Soldiers Wounded from an Explosion Near the Lebanon BorderPosted 3 months ago
Jewish Symbols and Garments to be Banned in Quebec Province
The Quebec province in Canada has adopted a new Charter of Quebec Values, prohibiting skullcaps and other religious garments to be worn during public service.
According to the charter, employees in the public service system -including doctors, nurses, teachers, and government officials – will not be allowed to wear any religious symbols or garments while working, including a Star of David, cross, kippot, burqa or turban.
According to Ynet, leaders in the Jewish community, including Lawyer and Political advisor Eric Maldoff who lead the delegation and Jewish Federation president David Cape, met with Bernard Dranville, the Canadian minister responsible for the charter, to express their opposition and outrage at the initiative.
Quebec Premier Pauline Marois, leader of the separatist party, is in favor of the initiative according to a report in the National Post, and believes it will help to preserve the French language and “Quebec values”.
In order to be put into effect, the Charter of Quebec Values will have to pass legislation and a vote during the upcoming elections this fall. Many are also waiting to see as to the stance of the federal Canadian government on the charter’s initiative.
More news from Canada
JN1: ‘Kill Jerusalem Jews': Extreme rhetoric from pro-Palestinian Canadians raises alarm