- SHOCKING: Palace ‘Disappointed’ at Shock Footage of Queen Elizabeth Giving Nazi Salute as a Child (Video)Posted 2 weeks ago
- Grave Vandalism: Rivlin Highlights Contradiction of Israel’s Silence when Fighting Anti-SemitismPosted 3 weeks ago
- Egyptian ISIS Branch Poses Growing Threat To IsraelPosted 4 weeks ago
- Military Policewoman Stabbed by Female Terrorist in JerusalemPosted 1 month ago
- EU Delegation Makes Environmental Pilgrimage to Israeli Parliament, the ‘Greenest in the World’Posted 2 months ago
- U.S. Top Court Backs Obama, Invalidates Jerusalem Passport LawPosted 2 months ago
- U.S. Presidential hopeful Donald Trump knows how to fight ISISPosted 2 months ago
- Chinese Dragon Boats Race at Israel’s Sea of GalileePosted 2 months ago
- El Paso, Texas and Hadera, Israel Become Sister CitiesPosted 2 months ago
- Obama Broke Twitter World Record in Just 5 Hours (Video)Posted 2 months ago
Jewish Symbols and Garments to be Banned in Quebec Province
The Quebec province in Canada has adopted a new Charter of Quebec Values, prohibiting skullcaps and other religious garments to be worn during public service.
According to the charter, employees in the public service system -including doctors, nurses, teachers, and government officials – will not be allowed to wear any religious symbols or garments while working, including a Star of David, cross, kippot, burqa or turban.
According to Ynet, leaders in the Jewish community, including Lawyer and Political advisor Eric Maldoff who lead the delegation and Jewish Federation president David Cape, met with Bernard Dranville, the Canadian minister responsible for the charter, to express their opposition and outrage at the initiative.
Quebec Premier Pauline Marois, leader of the separatist party, is in favor of the initiative according to a report in the National Post, and believes it will help to preserve the French language and “Quebec values”.
In order to be put into effect, the Charter of Quebec Values will have to pass legislation and a vote during the upcoming elections this fall. Many are also waiting to see as to the stance of the federal Canadian government on the charter’s initiative.
More news from Canada
JN1: ‘Kill Jerusalem Jews': Extreme rhetoric from pro-Palestinian Canadians raises alarm