- MUST WATCH: Muslim Migrants Rob and Brutal Attack a Swedish Older LadyPosted 2 days ago
- Israeli Female Fighters on the Frontline with ISIS in SinaiPosted 3 months ago
- BREAKING: Multiple Terror Attacks in Jerusalem, 2 Dead, 18 woundedPosted 4 months ago
- Watch: 15 yo Jerusalem Terrorist Caught by Israeli Special Forces, Smiles to CameraPosted 4 months ago
- BREAKING: Parents Killed, 4 children Injured in Terror Attack in IsraelPosted 4 months ago
- #bdsfail: Find Out Which Hollywood Celebs Are Betting Their Money On Israeli StartupsPosted 5 months ago
- Local Schoolchildren Helped Uncover Rare Church Mosaic in Kiryat GatPosted 5 months ago
- News Station Accidentally Shows Nazi Symbol During Yom Kippur Report, Apologized (Video)Posted 5 months ago
- Putin to Netanyahu: Russia’s Actions in Mideast Will Always Be ResponsiblePosted 5 months ago
- Israeli-Jordanian Water Exchange Plan Draws Harsh Criticism From EnvironmentalistsPosted 5 months ago
Music of the Jewish Diaspora
Shearith Israel, the very first Jewish Congregation in America, hosts its 2nd annual “Music of The Jewish Diaspora” performance, featuring the Salome Chamber Orchestra.
The Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue presents an evening of elegance and sophistication. Set inside the luxurious main sanctuary, a room built to hold 700 people, yet because of its architecture, creates a uniquely intimate setting and vibrant acoustic.
The Salome Orchestra, just as Shearith Israel, exquisitely blends the classic culture and history in its roots with the modern spice of our new age.
Musical influence has always been a strong aspect of Sephardic culture and is embedded in the congregation. Music of the Jewish Diaspora will feature classic compositions by Jewish and Israeli composers.
The genteel Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue established in 1654, whose members built the foundation for Jewish life in New York City, continues to be a catalyst within the Jewish community today. From its daycare programs to Jewish learning or even to its collaboration with Carnegie Hall, the open and welcoming synagogue’s goal is always connecting people.
Rarely in today’s digital age do we find an evening of high intellectual quality wrapped in such a classic shell.
Join the Shearith Israel congregation, Salome Chamber Orchestra, and Jewish leaders from all different communities, on May 21st at 8:00pm for a majestic experience and cocktail party reception to follow.