- Shots Fired on Amsterdam-to-Paris Train, Three Injured (Video)Posted 1 week ago
- Hundreds US Rabbis urge Congress to Support the Nuclear Iran Deal (Video)Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jewish Neighborhood in San Antonio Hit With Anti-Semitic GraffitiPosted 3 weeks ago
- Donald Trump confounds critics to retain Republican lead – new pollPosted 3 weeks ago
- SHOCKING: Palace ‘Disappointed’ at Shock Footage of Queen Elizabeth Giving Nazi Salute as a Child (Video)Posted 1 month ago
- Grave Vandalism: Rivlin Highlights Contradiction of Israel’s Silence when Fighting Anti-SemitismPosted 2 months ago
- Egyptian ISIS Branch Poses Growing Threat To IsraelPosted 2 months ago
- Military Policewoman Stabbed by Female Terrorist in JerusalemPosted 2 months ago
- EU Delegation Makes Environmental Pilgrimage to Israeli Parliament, the ‘Greenest in the World’Posted 2 months ago
- U.S. Top Court Backs Obama, Invalidates Jerusalem Passport LawPosted 3 months ago
Music of the Jewish Diaspora
Shearith Israel, the very first Jewish Congregation in America, hosts its 2nd annual “Music of The Jewish Diaspora” performance, featuring the Salome Chamber Orchestra.
The Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue presents an evening of elegance and sophistication. Set inside the luxurious main sanctuary, a room built to hold 700 people, yet because of its architecture, creates a uniquely intimate setting and vibrant acoustic.
The Salome Orchestra, just as Shearith Israel, exquisitely blends the classic culture and history in its roots with the modern spice of our new age.
Musical influence has always been a strong aspect of Sephardic culture and is embedded in the congregation. Music of the Jewish Diaspora will feature classic compositions by Jewish and Israeli composers.
The genteel Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue established in 1654, whose members built the foundation for Jewish life in New York City, continues to be a catalyst within the Jewish community today. From its daycare programs to Jewish learning or even to its collaboration with Carnegie Hall, the open and welcoming synagogue’s goal is always connecting people.
Rarely in today’s digital age do we find an evening of high intellectual quality wrapped in such a classic shell.
Join the Shearith Israel congregation, Salome Chamber Orchestra, and Jewish leaders from all different communities, on May 21st at 8:00pm for a majestic experience and cocktail party reception to follow.