- Israeli Company ‘Neuronix’ Offers Hope For Alzheimer’s Disease With Unique TreatmentPosted 12 months ago
- Israelis Bring ART Joy & Love To Ethiopian HIV OrphansPosted 12 months ago
- BREAKING: Osama Bin Laden’s Son Calls Muslims to Liberate Jerusalem, Attack the USPosted 12 months ago
- WATCH: Donald Trump Speak at AIPAC Policy Conference 2016Posted 1 year ago
- MUST WATCH: Muslim Migrants Brutally Attack Australian News Crew In SwedenPosted 1 year ago
- HORRIFYING: 17-Year-Old Finnish Girl Raped, Burned Alive By Illegal Migrant From AfghanistanPosted 1 year ago
- MUST WATCH: Muslim Migrants Rob and Brutal Attack a Swedish Older LadyPosted 1 year ago
- Israeli Female Fighters on the Frontline with ISIS in SinaiPosted 1 year ago
- BREAKING: Multiple Terror Attacks in Jerusalem, 2 Dead, 18 woundedPosted 2 years ago
- Watch: 15 yo Jerusalem Terrorist Caught by Israeli Special Forces, Smiles to CameraPosted 2 years ago
Terror Victim Attacked by Terrorists on the Way to His Son’s Grave
JERUSALEM – Rabbi Yitzchak Cohen, father of Nerya Cohen, went to visit his son’s grave yesterday (Jan. 14) on his deceased son’s birthday.
Nerya was murdered on March 6th, 2008, by a Palestinian together with seven other students at the Mercaz HaRav yeshiva in Jerusalem.
On his way to visit the grave on Har HaZietim in Jerusalem Rabbi Cohen, together with his wife and two young children, were attacked by Arab terrorists throwing stones. They were attacked at three different points on the way. The car was heavily damaged.
“I began weaving my way through, while they continued to pursue us. At some point I got out of the car and drew my gun; only then did they flee,” he told.
Cohen called the police. They arrived only 45 minutes later; several other cars were attacked in the interim. They claimed they were held up by a different incident. “There is no question that that the police is guilty of negligence in ensuring the safety of the citizens of Jerusalem and the State of Israel. These were not children who were attacking, they were much older. You must understand that a stone can kill or cause life-long injury. Why do the police and state not take this seriously? My daughter wanted to visit the grave today but refrained from doing so because of this attack.”
“This is not a normal situation that a bereaved father cannot visit the grave of his son who was murdered by a terrorist. This is a terrible situation, and it causes me a terrible feeling,” he said.
Nerya was one of eight yeshiva students who were murdered by Alaa Abu Dhein from the east Jerusalem neighborhood of Jabel Mukaber . The terrorist was killed by Mercaz HaRav student Yitzchak Dadon and off-duty IDF Captain David Shapira who fought back using their personal firearms. Eleven more students were wounded, five of them placed in serious to critical condition.
Nerya was only 15 years old when he died.
According to a subsequent poll, the massacre was supported by 84 percent of the Palestinian population.
By Aryeh Savir | Tazpit News Agency